Monday, February 05, 2007

Travel and Learn

My first full day in Sydney and I learned two important lessons. First, don’t leave your hotel without putting on sunscreen. My pale New York skin is not used to the inense Australian sunshine. After a few hours of walking I felt the effects of exposure. Nothing to keep me from going out again today, just a little pink on the arms, neck and legs. Second, if you are going to take digital pictures, always carry an spare battery. I had planned for this, buying a second battery in New York and making sure it was charged. But as I was setting up to shoot the Sydney Opera House, my camera told me to “Change the Battery Pack.” Grrrrr... I was able to snap a few pictures for the rest of the day by conserving power, but it was frustrating. Lesson learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home