Friday, July 20, 2007

Holiday in Cambodia

Look what happens. You listen to punk rock as a kid and then you are living the title of a Dead Kennedys song. Yes, I've arrived in Cambodia, land of ancient temples and the killing fields.

I'm in Phnom Penh today and will be taking a walking tour this afternoon. Tomorrow I join an organized trip with Intrepid Travel. The two-week tour hits the country's highlights, but I'm most looking forward to a few days at Angkor Wat. I've been resting my camera the past few days knowing that it will get a workout at the ancient temples. The tour should be memorable. I'm looking forward to meeting the group and having familiar faces around me for a few weeks. I haven't been part of a group like this since my Australian Outback experience.

I'm going to try to update Packmonkey while on tour. The itinerary shows some blocks of free time, so I should be able to post along the way. If not, there will be plenty to write about in early August. I am also going to be writing an article about Intrepid for Tripmastermonkey.com.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy J said...

hi matt ~ hopefully you'll be getting deluxe accomodations at the Holiday Inn, Cambodia -- look for it, it simply must exist...

:) have great times. same same, but different!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Matt you humble me. Your fearlessness, your talent with words and pictures, your generosity in sharing your impressions, high points and low moments- all inspire. Thanks. xo,Kathleen

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home